Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Celebration Station: Day 4-Staff Rundown- Tonia Brown


Day 4

Today our stop is with our author, Mrs. Tonia Brown.

Tonia Brown is the author of our series. We had a chance to sit and speak with her about the topic of writing the storyline, and here is what she had to say on the matter:


The story started out as a young man and his friend answering an ad to work for a crazy professor and his oddball crew. It followed the pair of friends on their adventures aboard the rails, hence the title Railroad! But when my fingers hit the keys, Rodger Dodger sort of sprang forth and wrestled the story from me. I am pleased though, because I think Dodger's story is much more interesting. At least, I hope it is. The title kind of stuck early on as a working title, and never managed to change. Even though it is less about the rails and more about one man coming to terms with his sorted past and making a new family for himself, I find the title still applies.

I intended for the series to run for one year and be done, but turned out it took that long to get Dodger on the crew. As the second year rolled around I thought that would be it, but then Commander Rex entered as Dodger's arch villain, and, well, the readers know the rest. I honesly thought last year would be the end of Railroad! but Rex set a plan in motion that forced us into a fourth year. Not that anyone is complaining.

Once I wrap up the Railroad! series (probably this year) I plan on unleashing a new webserial, this one for young adults and anyone that enjoys adventure. I have threatened this more than once, but you guys need to get ready for IronJack. He will be here soon!
 





Tonia's short stories have appeared in a variety of anthologies. She is also the author of several books, including Lucky Stiff: Memoirs of an Undead Lover, Badass Zombie Road Trip and the erotic steampunk series Clockworks and Corsets.
Tonia lives in North Carolina with her genius husband and an ever fluctuating number of cats. When not writing she raises unicorns and fights crime with her husband under the code names "Dr. Weird and his sexy sidekick Butternut."

You can learn more about her at: www.thebackseatwriter.com

****
<<BACK                                                       FORWARD>>

No comments:

Post a Comment